11. Indulge in beers and pizza at Mellow Mushroom (25 S.E 6th Avenue, Delray Beach, FL 33483, (561) 330-3040, mellowmushroom.com). If you love pizza and you love beer, this hippie pizza chain place is a must-try. With 20-40 beers on tap and 50 or so varieties of bottled beer, you can even get your own custom-made pizza.
12. Listen to jazz at Brule Bistro (200 NE 2nd Ave Delray Beach, FL 33444, (561) 274-2046, brulebistro.com). This classic French-influenced American spot in an artsy section of town called Pineapple Grove offers jazz on weekends. It’s a nice place to relax, have a crème brule, multiple glasses of wine and listen to music.
13. Have seafood linguini at Caffé Luna Rosa (34 S Ocean Blvd Delray Beach, FL 33483, (561) 274-9404, caffelunarosa.com). Known for their breakfast and their brunch, Caffe Luna Rosa also serves up a delicious pasta dinner. Sitting by the ocean also means you’ll get that cool ocean breeze.
14. Listen to reggae on Monday nights at Boston’s on the Beach (40 S Ocean Blvd Delray Beach, FL 33483, (561) 278-3364, bostonsonthebeach.com) Another bonus: you can have their Ipswich Clams without the New England winter weather!
15. Go shirtless and grab a drink at Sandbar (40 S Ocean Blvd Delray Beach, FL 33483, (561) 278-3364, bostonssandbar.com) This is a bar where you can go shirtless and shoeless. Even if you’re too shy, you can check out all the shirtless, shoeless eye-candy while sipping on one of their special build-your-own mojitos.
16. Get your hair cut/head massaged/nails done at Naked Hair Salon (10 SE 1st Ave Delray Beach, FL 33444, (561) 265-3396, nakedhairsalon.com) This eco-friendly holistic salon is my favorite salon on earth. The ultimate in eco-friendliness, owners Adam and Janine Rose Shuman, created this concept after Janine got sick from the chemicals in all the hair products while working at a traditional salon. Everything in the shop made of all natural, human-friendly ingredients, and even their nail polish is formaldehyde-free. Watch me get my haircut dry with their special technique in this video (coming soon!).
17. Eat oysters at City Oyster (213 E Atlantic Ave Delray Beach, FL 33444, (561) 272-0220, cityoysterdelray.com). Nothing gets you through a rough emotional time like having oysters and wine with friends. So gather some friends (old and new) and sit down for a feast.
18. Try the Tuna Tartare Ice Cream Cones at 75 Main (270 E Atlantic Ave Delray Beach, FL 33483, (561) 243-7975, 75main.com). A novel idea and a substitute for those without a sweet tooth at this sister branch of the celebrity-frequented Southhampton hotspot.
19. Cruise down Atlantic Avenue at dusk. Peruse the shops like Waggs to Riches (waggstoriches.com), the pet store for totally spoiled and pampered pets. At night, the streets come alive with different scenes, making hopping from sports bar to enoteca effortless. People are ridiculously friendly so it's very easy to make friends.
20. Do sunset yoga on the beach. Every Sunday Jai Healing Arts (jaihealingarts.com) offers sunset yoga classes at the far North end of Delray Beach. Once I did savasana (corpse pose, final relaxation) under a beautiful open sky while the energy of the earth was cooling, doing it at a yoga studio will never be the same!