Hula hooping is good for your soul. Here's why:
1) It encourages you to shake the stress (that you made up in your mind, btw!) out of those stagnant hips. With or without music.
2) It keeps you focused on the moment so you don't have anxiety about the past or the future.
3) All the laughter that comes with this activity sends massive amounts of dopamine to your brain and the brains of all around you.
4) You realize that you don't control the hula hoop and the hula hoop doesn't control you. You are in it together. You are ONE, and it's beautiful, even if it's just for these few precious moments.
5) The movement required to hula a hoop around your navel has a surrendering, calming, centering effect. Like rocking a baby to sleep. Or spooning with someone you love.
6) You feel DAMN GOOD if you successfully keep the hula hoop moving even for 20 seconds.
7) And if you do get out of the groove and drop that thing, all you got to do is pick it up and give it another shot.
8) If you've had enough dopamine, you can pass it along for someone else to try and STILL get high from just watching them.
Enough said. When you get bogged down by the things happening around you that you can't control and need to get realigned, just pick up that hula hoop and hula your way back to happiness.
Pass the wisdom. Pass the love. <3